Saturday, May 7, 2011

Paint/Stain Choices - What are the Feng Shui Guidelines?

I had the need today to retouch a sign that we have at the end of the drive.  Our home is labelled Loon'r Landing - the obvious source of name by the number of loons on our lake (it's a very clean lake) and a tongue-in-cheek nod at the numerous lunar landings humans have had in the last 50 years.  Further meanings within meanings, on nights when the moon is out, its reflection in the lake makes my husband and I just sappy for the lovely view.  It never ends LOL.   But I digress...

The 3D loon on our sign needed refreshing and while I was at the store stalking the paints, I thought it would be a good thing to share some information on what to look for when picking paints or stains.   First and foremost and last, it's about the environment.  Always choose latex products over oil ones.  First of all, you're much more likely to clean your paintbrush instead of tossing it, you won't need harsh turpentine to clean up - good hot soap and water is just fine.  It will dry quicker, letting you get on with your life, and you're much more likely to finish using it up at some future date because it won't form that thick layer of gunk we've all experienced in our past.

Only buy the amount you need.  It sort of doesn't matter if it's way cheaper by the gallon when you only need a quart because remember you'll have to store it until needed again.

So... my loon is looking good - I'll have my husband return it to its place of honour tomorrow.

Gaylle & Wendy
www.whisperingpath.com

No comments:

Post a Comment